1. Problem Definition
Four bidders submitted their technical and commercial bids to win the contract of design and construction of drill site, access road to drilling site and camp works from an oil and gas company.
The role of the infrastructure manager of oil and Gas Company and his team to evaluate the technical bids of the four bidders prior the commercial bids are opening.
2. Identify the Feasible Alternative
Infrastructure manager and his team decided to use compensatory models to evaluate and rank the bidders and this model is composed of:-
- Non-dimensional Scaling; the alternative will be selected if have a highest of dimensionless value total.
- The Additive Weighting Technique; the alternative will be selected if have a highest of total score for each alternative
3. Development of the Outcome for Alternative
The Evaluation criteria are listed below:-
- General information
- Project Execution plan
- Project organization
- Quality assurance and Quality control
- Health, safety and Security plan
- Tenderer’s resources
- Technical Expectation
- Current commitment and workload
- Experience and Track record
4. Selection Criteria
The criteria of the feasible alternatives using compensatory models as follow:
5. Analysis and Comparison of the Alternative
Analysis and comparison of the alternatives as below tables:-
6. Selection of the Preferred Alternative
By using Non Dimensional Scale and Additive Weighting Technique contractor (1) recoded the best score in the technical evaluation.
7. Performance Monitoring and the Post Evaluation of Result
Multi-attributes of compensatory models are one of the best techniques for selecting the best option.
- UK North Sea oil production decline. Retrieved from (http://www.oilvoice.com/n/UK_North_Sea_oil_production_decline/5e0b0a2ab66b.aspx#gsc.tab=0)
- Giammalvo, P. D. (2012). AACE Certification Preparation Course Handouts.
- Sullivan Wicks Koelling, Engineering Economy (fifteenth Edition). Prentice Hall
- Taylor, A. (n.d.). DECISION MAKING. Retrieved June 16, 2014, from http://home.sandiego.edu/~taylor/decisionmaking.html
- Richarme, M. (n.d.). Consumer Decision Making Models Article by Michael Richarme. Retrieved June 16, 2014, from http://www.decisionanalyst.com/publ_art/decisionmaking.dai
- TRIANUGROHO, A. (2014, March 27). W5_Andi_Decision Making Compensatory Models | Kristal AACE 2014. Retrieved June 16, 2014, from http://kristalaace2014.wordpress.com/2014/03/27/w5_andi_decision-making-compensatory-models/