1. Problem Definition
In the two previous blogs (3, 4) non compensatory models and compensatory models were implemented to evaluate and rank the bidders .
Currently, prior awarding the contractor who wins the bid it is required to test and validate a contractor scoring model to ensure that it is properly or appropriately selecting the “best” contractor.
2. Identify the Feasible Alternative
Infrastructure manager and his team decided to establish a scoring model to test that the winner contractor deserves the contract. The best way to implement this is to review the evaluation criteria and compare it with the score.
. Development of the Outcome for Alternative
The Evaluation criteria are listed below:-
- General information
- Project Execution plan
- Project organization
- Quality assurance and Quality control
- Health, safety and Security plan
- Tenderer’s resources
- Technical Expectation
- Current commitment and workload
- Experience and Track record
4. Selection Criteria
From previous blogs the weight of the criteria category and dimensionless value as follows:
5. Analysis and Comparison of the Alternative
Analysis and comparison of the alternatives as below tables:-
6. Selection of the Preferred Alternative
From the above tables it is very obvious that winner bidder deserves the contract based on his performance in the bid. Also the above technique was extracted from Multi-attributes of compensatory models and non-compensatory models.
7. Performance Monitoring and the Post Evaluation of Result
Multi-attributes of compensatory models and non-compensatory models are a guide line technique to let any organizations not just implement them but also to establish their method of selection the best bidder as the infrastructure manager and his team did that to evaluate the. bidder who wins the contract.
- Ahme AL-Abri (2014, June 18). W3.0 – AhmedALAbri- Bid Evaluation no compensatory models | PMI-Oman 2014 [Web log post]. Retrieved from https://pmioman14.wordpress.com/2014/06/18/w3-0-ahmedalabri-bid-evaluation-no-compensatory-models/
- Ahmed AL-Abri (2014, June 18). W4.0 – AhmedALAbri- Bid Evaluation compensatory models | PMI-Oman 2014 [Web log post]. Retrieved from https://pmioman14.wordpress.com/2014/06/18/w4-0-ahmedalabri-bid-evaluation-compensatory-models
- UK North Sea oil production decline. Retrieved from (http://www.oilvoice.com/n/UK_North_Sea_oil_production_decline/5e0b0a2ab66b.aspx#gsc.tab=0)
- Giammalvo, P. D. (2012). AACE Certification Preparation Course Handouts.
- Sullivan Wicks Koelling, Engineering Economy (fifteenth Edition). Prentice Hall
- Taylor, A. (n.d.). DECISION MAKING. Retrieved June 16, 2014, from http://home.sandiego.edu/~taylor/decisionmaking.html
- Richarme, M. (n.d.). Consumer Decision Making Models Article by Michael Richarme. Retrieved June 16, 2014, from http://www.decisionanalyst.com/publ_art/decisionmaking.dai