1. Problem Definition
The produced water treatment system will treat the produced water to reduce both the suspended solids and oil in water concentration. To achieve the required water quality and specification Deoiler chemical is used to enhance the performance of treatment process.
2. Identify the Feasible alternative
Specialized company recommended three chemicals after studying the system parameters. The main differences between the proposed chemicals are dosing rate in the system per day and performance of system. The cost of the deoiler chemicals is almost same.
Table 1. Alternative Deoiler Chemicl cost
3. Development of the Outcome for Alternative
The following equations are used to assess the best Deoiler chemical economically using material total cost selection:
4. Selection of Criteria
The highest value of Deoiler chemical 3 options is to be selected to maximize daily profit.
5. Analysis and Comparison of the Alternative.
Using equations 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 and Table 1 data to find cost profit on each option. The calculation result summarized in the below table:
Table 2 Profit Calculation
Calculation result shows that the deoiler chemical 1 is profitable because the profit cost with respect to water treatment system performance is higher than deoiler chemical 3.
6. Selection of the Preferred Alternative.
Table 3 Chemical Deoiler options comparison
Graph 1 Deoiler Chemical Options VS System Performance and Profit
From the above the option 1 is the best profitable option.
7. Performance Monitoring and the Post Evaluation of Result.
The above results could be changed to better profitable if different deoiler chemical proposed to improve the performance of water treatment system. However, there are some other factors have relation to affect the performance such as: operation condition of the water treatment system and dosing rate.
1. Sullivan, William G., Wick, Elin M., Koelling, C. Patric. (2012), Engineering Economy. Chapter 2 Pp. 45 – 46, Fifteenth edition, Prentice hall.
2. Tmandrianto. (2014). W8_TMA_Select Better Chemical for Drilling Mud Operation Retrieved from http://kristalaace2014.wordpress.com/2014/04/27/w8_yks_most-economical-v-belt-for-fin-fan-cooler/
3. Strickland, W.T., “Laboratory results of cleaning produced water by gas flotation”. Society of Petroleum Engineering Journal, 20, 175–190. (1980)