- Problem Definition.
As a part from Field Development Program (FDP) it recommends introducing to upgrade the oil shipping facility. In this project two Oil transfer pumps to be installed in B station to increase the shipping capacity from 20,000 ppd to 50,000 ppd. In the below table a summary of project activities:
Table 1 Project activities summary
As this project get completed a project closure to be performed. Wrap up the project and make sure the project team learns from what transpired. Get a true evaluation of the project results by the end user (operation team), other stakeholders, including project team members.
- Identify the Feasible Alternative.
Project closure includes:
- Contract closure.
- Administrative closure.
- Development of the Outcome for Alternative.
Contract closure includes the following activities and procedures:
Verification activities to be carried out to validate that contract terms and conditions have been met. This included the delivery and completion of the following activities by singing the completion certificates and delivery note from construction team.
Table 2 Project activities summary and Contract closure
Administrative closure includes the following activities:
a. Collects project records.
d. Analyzes project success or failure through a workshop or comprehensive report.
c. Archives project information for future use.
- Selection of Criteria.
In the below figure schematic overview of Project Closure for Installation of Oil Transfer Pumps Project:
- Analysis and Comparison of the Alternative.
The process of managing all the little things that crop up at the end of a project that must be done before declaring the project successfully completed.
- Performance Monitoring and the Post Evaluation of Result.
The following procedure has been approved in the project charter:
Figure 2 Punch list Management process
Finally, as post evaluation step, prepare final technical reports to evaluate project performance and Summarize learning points. After that, conduct final review with management and keep project historical files and place in archive.
- London Development Agency. (2005). The “How To” Guide to Project Succession or Closure. Retrieved from http://www.networkforeurope.eu/files/File/downloads/HowToProjectSuccession.pdf
- Kevin F, Genny Edwards. (2011). 10 Tips for a Smooth Project Closure Process. Retrieved from http://www.brighthubpm.com/monitoring-projects/105533-ten-tips-for-a-smooth-project-closure-process/
- Engineering Dept., Daleel Petroleum (2012). Project Closure Report Installation of Oil Transfer Pumps Project.