- Problem Definition
In the previous two blogs an SPC analysis was conducted on the Team Blog posting. The results illustrate that the Team blog posting is out of control. A team member conducted a survey on the difficulties on posting a blog each week. Warning letters were sent to several non-active members of the team in order to get them back to track. This blog will evaluate the reasons behind the blog posting delays.
- Development of Feasible Alternatives
Based on WK 6 Shinta’s blog from Kristal team. The following alternatives were identified to build the case study on evaluating and enhancing team blog posting performance:
- Time management.
- Discuss with team members and/or mentor.
- Development of the Outcome for Alternative
According to the survey conducted by the member of Team Takatuf , the following factors scored the highest on contributing to blog posting delay:
- Other Project Assignment (paper, problem solving, book of templates)
- Topic selection.
- Daily work Load and/or activities.
Selection of Criteria.
|Work and Task Prioritizing|
|It takes a long time to select a topic. This also could be attributed to the fact that some members are not using the availble examples of posts from previous teams||Use the previous topics posted in previous projects and teams|
|Commitment||Lack of commitment||Revisit the contract and commit on delivering on time|
|Discussion||Members are in different companies and places which increases the difficulty of discussion||Take initiative and contact the members as well as the mentor for information|
Figure 1. Selection of Criteria
- Analysis and Comparison of the Alternative.
From the above table when the major factors that is driving the blog posting is clearly the time management. This has a direct effect on the other attributes (Commitment and discussion). The blogs are taking more time than expected as well as having other private and work loading to manage. It is clear if time management is improved the following attributes will improve too as it will increase the individuals commitment to the project as well as allowing each individual to assist each other
- Selection of the Preferred Alternative.
Time management to be improved for each individual. It is recommended to use models such as work prioritizing methods to manage the tasks pipelined and deliver the tasks on time. This is quite important especially to those non active members of the team.
- Performance Monitoring and the Post Evaluation of Result.
In order to accomplish all deliverables on time, all members expected to manage time well. No matter how hard it is, since the commitment had been agreed.
- Fadha A July 20, 2014 , W7_AsmaF_What’s happening with TKT-14 blog posting project retrieved on August 24 , 2014 from https://pmioman14.wordpress.com/2014/07/20/w7_asmaf_whats-happening-with-tkt-14-blog-posting-project/#more-1298
- AlShaibani M July 14 2014 Process control analysis for Blog posting. Retrived on August 24 , 2014 from https://pmioman14.wordpress.com/
- Husni,Shinta. (2014). W6.1_Shinta_What Happened With K-14 Blog Posting?Retrieved 24 August 2014 from: http://kristalaace2014.wordpress.com/2014/04/20/w6-1_shinta_what-happened-with-k-14-blog-posting/
- Hendry. (2011). Week 19.0 – Hendry – What’s Going on With Our Cool CCE Group Blog Posting? Retrieved from: http://coolcce.wordpress.com/2011/02/08/week-19-0-%e2%80%93-henry-%e2%80%93-whats-going-on-with-our-cool-cce-group-blog-posting/